Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage:
- Is available to all people with Medicare.
- Helps people with Medicare pay for the prescriptions that they need.
- Provides low-cost drug coverage for those with limited income and assets.
- Pays for both brand name and generic drugs.
- Allows people with Medicare to choose between at least two Medicare prescription drug plans.
- Allows convenient access to local pharmacies.
Medicare contracts with private companies to provide prescription drug benefits. To receive Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage, you must select and enroll in a plan.
Enrollment in a plan is voluntary.
The list below contains the highest rated Medicare Part D prescription drug plans in the state of South Dakota. It is for informational purposes only and some listings may be inaccurate or missing. The list was provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), but due to the variance in plans based on county, city, and region, some options may not be available in your location.